Best pocket knife sharpener can be an essential part of your daily life if you use a pocket knife regularly. When you use something regularly, you will notice when it is time for maintenance, so does your pocket knife. You will know when your pocket knife is getting dull and need to be re-sharpened. But to do that, you will either need to sharpen your knife with the help of professional knife sharpening service or you can buy a sharpening tool and do the sharpening yourself. Buying pocket knife sharpener can be confusing with so many sharpening tools out there in the market. It is hard to find the best pocket knife sharpener for your beloved pocket knife. Here are some pocket knife sharpener with their own pros and cons.
Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic
This product is one of the best pocket knife sharpener that you really should consider to use. This easy to use pocket knife sharpener won’t require a lot of experience to use it, so even a novice can use this without a problem. Owning a Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic is like owning a complete set of sharpening kit due to its capacity to work on any types of knife, be it straight edge knife or serrated knife, portable and light so you can carry it around to fit in your hunting and fishing needs. This sharpener has a longer diamond tapered rod that makes easy and fast maintenance and reconditioning. It also comes with standard tungsten carbide and ceramic V sharpeners that provide finished edge after 3 or 4 strokes.
- Able to work with any kind of blades and knives.
- Very durable.
- Small and portable.
- Despite its size, it has lots of functions.
- Affordable price
- Some will find it heavier than sharpeners made from plastic since it is made from metal.
- The diamond rods is not the best sharpener out there
- Need extra care and effort when using it on serrated knives
Smith’s PP1 Multifunction Sharpener
This sharpener is suitable for those who love traveling or doing outdoor activities because this sharpener is small, portable, and the lightest knife sharpener. Despite its size and weight, this is multi-function and performs very well. It is completes with carbide blades and ceramic stone for sharp edge and sharp finish. Moreover, it comes a pull-out diamond rod to help you with your serrated pocket knives. It has a pre-set sharpening angle that enable you to only insert the knife and you are good to do any sharpening.
- The carbide blades and ceramic stone are both reversible and replaceable for extended sharpening life.
- Multi-function products with strong durability.
- Slim and lightweight, yet performs greatly.
- Very comfortable to be use.
- Compare to other sharpeners, it is a little pricey.
- The small model it carries make someone with large hand has difficulties in using it.
- It lacks in providing a really sharp edge on overly dull knives.
Those two are great pocket knives sharpeners. So, which one is your pick for the best pocket knife sharpener?